April 17, 2009

You are never too Young to Enjoy an Easter Egg Hunt

Last Saturday night while my brother Phil was visiting we dyed easter eggs just like we did when we were kids. I hid them really well around our apartment complex, and my husband, brother, and our friend Laura hunted for them. There were 32 eggs, and after about 30 minutes of endless hunting and going over where they had already looked they had only found about 27 eggs. I had to walk around and give them hints cause they couldn't find them all. And Robert had been bragging about how he was going to hide them SOOOO good. So the challenge was on for me to be creative since I was going to hide the eggs. Anyway, we eventually found all of them with quite a bit of hinting by me, but in the end it was so much fun!!!! The hiding, being sneaky, dying the eggs, pretty colors, fake eggs with candy (if you go that way), the excitement, the running around, the race, the cleverness, and the glory of finding the most eggs or the prize egg!!I don't think we have done an easter egg hunt since we were young. So from here on out....its EASTER EGG HUNTS FOR EVERYONE EVERY YEAR! Yeah!

4 comments:

  1. It gets even better when Brady gets old enough to join in. I loved coloring eggs with the boys and watching them hunt for them. Besides, the dyed eggs always taste so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent Blog! But what else would you expect from such an amazing young couple, with a totally handsome son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Good thing you found all those eggs. That could have been a stinky situation:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robert Potter21/4/09 7:25 PM

    Megan actually did a great job hiding the Huevos (eggs) it earned her some valuable Potter Points. I did however find the majority of the eggs.

    ReplyDelete

please leave your comments