October 22, 2011

Miniature Golf Tournament: Robert vs. Megan

We've been practicing all summer for the big tournament... 5 miniature golf courses. 81 holes. 2 participants. Our awesome friends Sloan and Julia babysat Brady so we could stay focused on our big day. No distractions. We began the tournament at 10:30am in Orem at Trafalga. (Thanks Pass of all Passes! Unlimited miniature golf for 1 year!) The coast was clear, no one in sight, we thought we would fly through the courses. The temperature was a little chilly starting out, but soon warmed up with sunny and clear conditions. We brought our chosen putters and balls. I had a Topflight and Robert had a Nike. All rules applied. We were allowed to redo one whole on each course.
Here is a picture of Robert after getting a hole in one. I couldn't believe it. That's not the only hole in one that was made! In the end we both got 5 holes in one total. Robert is really good. And all this miniature golfing has actually helped Robert's short game on the real corse:) But I have been practicing a lot too. Lots of days while Robert is at work, Brady and I go golfing. But the true winner of the 2011 Trafalga Orem and Lehi Miniature Golf Tournament is......
You guessed it.
ROBERT!
But with 81 holes I didn't come in far behind, only 7 holes. Robert hit 207 and I hit 214. At least he thought I was pretty good competition, which I was:) We finished in about 2 1/2 hours. Robert is a good sport, or maybe he expected to win, but he didn't rub it in too much. Then he bought me lunch, so I wasn't too crushed:)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Robert! haha. What a fun idea. And sorry Megan, better luck next time :)

    Aarons proposal: I was watching a movie with my sister at her apartment in Rexburg, I got a call from Wendy Bone (my dance teacher) telling me she needed a sub for her classes the next day and wanted me to meet her at the kirkham to go over the lesson plans. When I got to the kirkham stage, Aaron was standing in the middle of it in the dark with music playing :) It was really sweet, and perfect because thats where I spent almost all of my time. If he had been dancing with a big group of people it would have been even better! jk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will have a spring edition of the tourny when it warms back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome. THIS is awesome. 81 holes is a lot of holes, I'm sure fatigue definitely factored into the game.

    ReplyDelete

please leave your comments